Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Getting Started with Google

This is about getting started with some free tools. My primary email is a Google Mail account, which I highly recommend people to use. Signup is free. A lot of the services I am going to review and cover are offered for free by simply logging into your Google Account. Gmail offers outrageous storage space and peace of mind. My last footer message in Gmail read, "You are currently using 797 MB (11%) of your 6981 MB."


For those of you with no webspace or hosting, you can upload your images for free with Google Picasa and start posting on a free BlogSpot account (owned by Google, Inc.). Once you have your presence established on the Internet, you can now put up Google Adsense ads and Adbrite ads that deliver a check right into your bank account or mailbox. Put your ads on your own webspace, your Myspace page, your BlogSpot Blog, or anywhere else you have an account that allows 3rd party links.

I'll discuss later about web hosting and owning your own domain names. Right now, this article is for the novice with no knowledge whatsoever behind HTML or designing a webpage. BlogSpot
offers templates and guides to help you stumble through the painless process of setting up your "Internet Presence" as I prefer to call it.


If you produce or sell a product, you can list it for free at GoogleBase, where your products are listed at Froogle.


TIP: If you notice, none of my linked words in this article are to affiliate driven hotlinks. There is one affiliate driven link I made in this article, and that only pointed to Adbrite. See my tracking number I.D. ? You'll have one too, once you sign up as a Publisher.

No comments: